Removing spot lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the Spot lights on my PPV are the old halogen models, I already removed the driver side, but the passenger side is still there. What is the best way to plug up the hole in the A Pillar? also I remember seeing something online to address the notch taken out of the door but cant seem to find it again. any advice would be great.

OP
OP
J

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why are you wanting to remove them?
One on the driver side is an old halogen with a very oxidized cover, that doesn't work. When you go to turn it, the handle spins, but the light doesn't move. At highway speed it flips up and snacks the windshield. So atleast the driver side I'm removing and wanting an led replacement.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One on the driver side is an old halogen with a very oxidized cover, that doesn't work. When you go to turn it, the handle spins, but the light doesn't move. At highway speed it flips up and snacks the windshield. So atleast the driver side I'm removing and wanting a led replacement.
I believe you can get led retrofits for the common public safety models. Even repair guts for the loose mechanism.

OP
OP
J

justsethpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, anyone selling an led one? Because I do want it back. Only having the passenger side looks kinda goofy.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a used one, about $300

One place wants ~$700 for a new one..

Here's a new one without installation kit, it's $400.

Giuess they are kinda pricey..

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a used one, about $300

One place wants ~$700 for a new one..

Here's a new one without installation kit, it's $400.

Giuess they are kinda pricey..
Even more than I expected. It’s been a while since I looked.

A lot of this stuff is hard to find used, so is expensive. My recommendation for anyone removing cop car parts is to save it for eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts