Replace SLT stereo with denali stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kfen310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I have the stock SLT Radio, and I was wondering if I could replace it with the Denali radio? All I want is the screen, but I want it to look factory

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It likely uses a different amp/subs if upgraded stereo, and may have different wiring and connectors as well.
Probably will need to do wiring at least, may require the amp as well.

Someone here did upgrade the lower level amp to a higher model.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

The Bose system is an entirely different animal than the non-Bose system. Differences include the head unit, the amp, and the speakers (impedance). Changing out just the head unit to a Bose head unit will not result in a better sounding system, and in fact, it will probably sound worse due to amp interconnection and speaker impedance mismatch issues.

Either stay with what you have, or change the entire system to an aftermarket non-Bose system, which is what I did. But, if you want the factory look, then leave your current system as it is.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yes, it can be done. You can do a little research and follow the posts of the owners that self sourced parts and programmed it or get one from here for $2k

The system above (12-14) has a high density disc / hard drive (hdd) that carries its initial programming as well as the Navi data.

The 07-11 similar looking Navi have a DVD based disc with a much slower processor, prone to wear and obsolete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beniskickbutt

Latest posts