Replacement leather seat covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my drivers seat is getting pretty bad. I am planning on buying new seat covers to replace the originals. Anyone replaced theirs? I see a few on eBay, but you never know what you will get.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine off eBay. Perfect color match and fit for my Pewter interior. A few other guys have done the same or try The Seat Shop, (for install videos too) or Richmond Upholstery.

30 minutes or so to do the job. My build thread has pictures and a write up about the change out.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the lower leather cushion on my drivers seat. Bought it on eBay as well for a good price. Its an exact match to my tan leather interior. It looks perfect! And the whole job took me about an hour, only because I was slow and meticulous about lining the cushion exactly where it should be. Two 15mm deep sockets for the two bolts at the rear of the seat to the floor, and a 10mm for the two bolts on the front of the seat track. Really easy job.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a replacement "cover" for the drivers arm rest, pewter, from The Seat Shop, could not be happier with it.
My seat cover will need to be replaced at some point and that's where I'll purchase it from.
Replaced the heater pad on the drivers side, same procedure as the cover, and while I couldn't do it in half an hour, it's not a bad job.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: 1/2 hour to change cover plus time to remove seat base from truck depending on how many plugs you have.

I wish I was that fast. Haha sorry for the misleading time frame. I think I had 1 hour or so all in taking my time.

Watch your fingers on the aluminum frame when installing the cover. It is pretty damn sharp!

hulk161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side seat is my next project as well. Good luck

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Seat shop is in the next town over. Will give them a look when I get around to replacing. I already need the driver's armrest cover but I'm waiting a bit for more wear on the bottom cover. Likely won't be too much longer.

Thanks.

hulk161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was playing with some pieces of the seat today.

Not a priority but will get it done soon

NC-Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used US AUTO SEAT COVER in Houston, TX. 281-691-2859. Sold me a leather seat bottom for my 2000 Tahoe (pewter) for $140.00 delivered to my house in NC. Got it in 2 days (and he apologized for the delay...lol). Perfectg color match and perfect fit. I had a local upholstery shop install it for $50.00 (included re-building up my seat base foam, as well). I could not be happier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Islandboy

Latest posts