Replacing cheap Bose speakers 2022 RST Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhale8999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can coach me on replacing the cheap Bose speakers in my 2022 Tahoe. I do not have the system with the center speaker on the dash. The speakers sound like they’re blown and the mids are terrible no matter how many adjustments I make to the equalizer. I’ve read somewhere that swapping the speakers has issues but I wanted to get more information on that to make an informed decision. Thanks for your help!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, Bose systems and/or speakers are not 'cheap', as they are considered to be a premium audio system. You don't have to like the Bose sound, and in fact, I am not a fan of the Bose sound, but to be clear, the Bose system is a premium system. One of the main reasons why I am not a fan of the Bose system, is that I believe that they are weak in midrange sounds (where 90+% of audible sounds are produced), so I completely removed my Bose system and replaced with an aftermarket set of components.

It is certainly possible that your Bose speakers are damaged, and need to be replaced, but the only true way to evaluate that is to pull off the door's interior cover and inspect them. It is also possible that the Bose amplifier is damaged, as that will cause a sound like a blown speaker, as well. I recommend that you check the speakers first to confirm their status.

If the Bose speakers are damaged, then you will need to find a replacement with the same impedance, usually in the area of 1 to 2 Ohms (most aftermarket speakers are 4 Ohms). In this case, your best bet may be to find replacement Bose speakers, used or new, on EBay, at an attractive price. You can also call Crutchfield and see what speakers they have with the Bose equivalent impedance that will fit your truck.

Last edited:

SavageDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, Bose systems and/or speakers are not 'cheap', as they are considered to be a premium audio system. You don't have to like the Bose sound, and in fact, I am not a fan of the Bose sound, but to be clear, the Bose system is a premium system. One of the main reasons why I am not a fan of the Bose system, is that I believe that they are weak in midrange sounds (where 90+% of audible sounds are produced), so I completely removed my Bose system and replaced with an aftermarket set of components.

It is certainly possible that your Bose speakers are damaged, and need to be replaced, but the only true way to evaluate that is to pull off the door's interior cover and inspect them. It is also possible that the Bose amplifier is damaged, as that will cause a sound like a blown speaker, as well. I recommend that you check the speakers first to confirm their status.

If the Bose speakers are damaged, then you will need to find a replacement with the same impedance, usually in the area of 1 to 2 Ohms (most aftermarket speakers are 4 Ohms). In this case, your best bet may be to find replacement Bose speakers, used or new, on EBay, at an attractive price. You can also call Crutchfield and see what speakers that have with the Bose equivalent impedance that will fit your truck.
What head unit are you running considering the integrated oem unit?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Kenwood head units. Not that they are any better than other head units with similar price points, I just selected Kenwood at the suggestion of my audio shop owner, and I've standardized on Kenwood across all of my vehicles (never met an OEM audio system that I was completely satisfied with).

As I stated above, I changed out all of the downstream audio equipment as well to aftermarket brands, rather than try to mate the Kenwood to the rest of the Bose system.

iamlegion

Reaction score
You might want to try searching first, this gets asked over and over. Modern sound systems and speakers are not as easy to just swap out speakers especially on the upper ranges with 3rd party speakers and amps.

Suggest you try Crutchfield or take it to a sound shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CustomCoffinWorks