replacing GM leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've heard from several people that they have gotten their bottom leather seat replaced for 100-150 bucks. where would i go about getting that from? the dealer or does a company make leather that matches the GM leather? i'd rather try to buy a replacement cover then go to an upholstery shop. no katzkins either. yes they are great leather but if my old truck cost 700 bucks, i don't want to know what a 3rd row seating tahoe would cost lol.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your best bet would be an upholstery place, shouldnt cost too much just to do the bottoms

sanddperformance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most shops can get oem matching leather I had a seat fixed once for under $100 it has the common wear on it. They did a good job the only problem was it looked better then the rest of the seat

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man if thats the case and i can get it done that cheap im calling local shops tomorrow. Thought it would be alot more. My driver seat is toast

OP
OP
B

bub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
luckily the leather seats in the 01 i bought last week are in amazing shape. :thumbsup:

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
This job is so easy. Buy a replacement leather seat cover on ebay (for about $150) and install it yourself. It is NOT rocket science and can be done with a ratchet and socket set if need be.

VT19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine are approaching time for replacement but im gonna get my monies worth out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms