Replacing Head unit (Stock to stock)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHWELL

Reaction score
I posted a week ago about my head unit CD function not working at all. No responses, so I figured there was no fix for my current head unit. Use here was selling a Factory head unit from the same model year and upon inspection (visual) it is the same. Bose to Bose.. I am awaiting its arrival.

Does anyone know if I will need to go to a Dealer to have the Unit "Flashed" in order to work in my vehicle? Or will it be a PNP swap?

Thanks for any help..

05 Yukon
Bose System (Stock)

Current Unit shows a CD in the deck, but will not actually go to CD mode. I cannot eject, I cannot play CD's.. The CD emblem just flashes.. Sometimes I can get it to say "Initializing" but the results are the same..

I removed the fuse "Info" as recommended on a post from another forum, but that had no effect.

Thanks for any input or advise anyone can provide. I am enjoying ownership after 1 week. Kicking myself for not buying one sooner, but I am certain a New model is in my future.. My wife enjoys it as much as I do.

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be PNP, I believe the onstar side of it or anything else that would need to "flashed" is controlled by a seperate piece, Just guessing though, there are security function on the units, but after installing my new HU and going back to factory, there were no issues. let us know how ya make out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SHWELL

SHWELL

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.. I got the Head unit today, thenks. Will be installing tomorrow. Let's hope all I have to do is switch the XM..

Having CD function will be a lifesaver when the kids are in the car..

OP
OP
SHWELL

SHWELL

Reaction score
OK. Thanks OmarR. I will look into that.

Should I take a receipt with me or anything? To prove I did not steal it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100