Replacing stock '10 headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJgunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wanted to upgrade my stock '10 tahoe headlamps...can anyone recommend ones that are better/brighter? Are HID kits good for these trucks?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retrofit projectors in your oem housings... ~$1000.00

HID kit from ddmtuning.com... ~49.00

Both are awesome :)

OP
OP
N

NJgunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ya im not looking to spend 1k....are silverstar's better than PIAA's? I know they make good stuff

does HId kits without the projectors workout better than stock? or is it blinding

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I wish.

I should've reworded it as "Low Beam projector only (no High-Beam) and no special/customized LED DRL's/Turn Signals" :)

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

ya im not looking to spend 1k....are silverstar's better than PIAA's? I know they make good stuff

does HId kits without the projectors workout better than stock? or is it blinding

I have an HID kit from ddmtuning.com on my Avalanche at it looks awesome... best $50 mod you can get if you ask me... Projectors are not mandatory, they just simply look badass... that's why Serge has em :)

It is blinding if you get the 55W kit. 35W is ample.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm not a big fan of HIDs without the retro ... alignment is always touch and go and it isn't a huge step up in brightness than silverstars. It's my observation that folks put them on for the Kelvin color affect more than a huge step up in light output ... although I'm sure I'm gonna get yelled at for saying this. :)

The upshot with silverstars is that it's a simple bulb replacement ... no ballasts/harnesses needed. It's a quick and easy mod.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm not a big fan of HIDs without the retro ... alignment is always touch and go and it isn't a huge step up in brightness than silverstars. It's my observation that folks put them on for the Kelvin color affect more than a huge step up in light output ... although I'm sure I'm gonna get yelled at for saying this. :)

The upshot with silverstars is that it's a simple bulb replacement ... no ballasts/harnesses needed. It's a quick and easy mod.

Really? I disagree. I got them for both kelvin color (6k... really ddmtuning.com gives you 7k) aka WHITE and I notice a huge difference in light output from my factory bulbs : /

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I disagree. I got them for both kelvin color (6k... really ddmtuning.com gives you 7k) aka WHITE and I notice a huge difference in light output from my factory bulbs : /

I understand ... but one also notices a significant increase in light output from factory with Silverstars. But the output variation is much less significant from SS to HID sans retro. :waytogo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah I see what you are saying. I still think an HID kit with a separate ballast is way better then two SS Bulbs :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sprocket-707