P0171 and P0174 - Stabilitrak...only under certain conditions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jimxms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bank2 looks off, for the backpressure test you would need to either buy a tool or make one
it would just take say a pipe fitting that fits in the 02 bung, hose and a low pressure psi gauge
I think the tool just has nozzle fitting that you stick in the forward 02 sensor bung
looks like harbor freight sells a tool for $35

if I start with B2, is that passenger side do you know?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jimxms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey doubeleive, I just wanted to say a tentative THANK YOU for directing me to blocked cats as a cause.

I couldn’t do a back pressure test, so instead I pulled the exhaust off (what a mission that was). The cats actually looked visually fine, but as I broke 3 studs in the process, and because I was so deep in at that point I decided to just smash the cats out anyway Bolted it all back together and no more codes + extra power and noise

I never would have thought about the cats. I literally had new intake gaskets, injector seals, maf, map and even new headers on order to try and fix it!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey doubeleive, I just wanted to say a tentative THANK YOU for directing me to blocked cats as a cause.

I couldn’t do a back pressure test, so instead I pulled the exhaust off (what a mission that was). The cats actually looked visually fine, but as I broke 3 studs in the process, and because I was so deep in at that point I decided to just smash the cats out anyway Bolted it all back together and no more codes + extra power and noise

I never would have thought about the cats. I literally had new intake gaskets, injector seals, maf, map and even new headers on order to try and fix it!!
well that's good news, you might discover the 02 codes come back without the cat's working properly, a tune can turn them off but not sure how that works for passing a smog test if it is required where you live.

OP
OP
J

Jimxms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well that's good news, you might discover the 02 codes come back without the cat's working properly, a tune can turn them off but not sure how that works for passing a smog test if it is required where you live.

Yeah I’m going to run those little extenders on the rear o2’s for the moment to make sure I don’t get any codes. I did used to have hptuners but sold it with my vette a few months back. I might need to buy that again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here