Resonator Delete Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yOGi420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The libertarian in me says to rock on with your cut-off exhaust. The humanitarian in me says that carbon monoxide is odorless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning

You can smell exhaust, I have a very good nose for any odors that are out of place, being a plumber that constantly has to deal with combustibles I can smell the burnt fuel. But to take to your comment seriously, I took my carbon dioxide detector I have for work into the cabin of my tahoe and let it idle for 10 minutes. I then tested the interior and got no detectable amounts CO inside. Thank you for your humanitarian concerns.;)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a newbie when it comes to 07 models.
But are you guys referring to the resonator at the very end of the exhaust behind the axle?

Thanks

Ellowmoto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cut mine of and put a turn down right after the stock muffler dumping right before the axle with no issues!

lt1gmc

Reaction score
A friend of my son's died from carbon monoxide poisioning sleeping in the back of a blazer that had the exhaust dumping in front of the axle. They were on spring break trip to FL from Indiana. They didn't smell it either. That is not a smart option, especially in a vehicle that has passenger space clear to the back bumper. Why do you think they have side outlets on SUV's?

lt1gmc

Reaction score
If a comment on an year old thread prevents someone from making a poor choice and possibly hurting someone close to them, them I don't care if you don't like it. People use old threads all the time to decide how to fix or modify their vehicles.

This thread is over a year old

mikebrawn1

Reaction score
I don't know about other states but if the passenger compartment goes all the way to the rear of the vehicle the exhaust has to exit to the side or rear of vehicle or it fails state inspection in Texas. If its a truck with no cover on the bed it can dump 24 inches behind the cab. If you cover the bed you have to run it out the side or rear of the truck or it fails inspection as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWILDER93