Reverse light issue:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thor1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hid reverse lights

best thing i did to upgrade my reverse lights.. double limo all the way around sucks when trying to back up .. i have these complete kits as well as headlight kits available. i installed hid kits in my reverse lights.. let me tell you these are bright as heck!! people wonder if im coming or going hahah let me know .. pm me for details

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
i bought a back up light kit that i think pilot makes. it was around $20 and it helps a ton. you can see em under the rear bumper

003-1.jpg

RogaMedic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a pair of PIAA XTreme "HID" 7440 bulbs into my 2007 Yukon. The bulbs are blue-colored when not lit. However, they light up to be "xtreme white"; approximating 5000K-6000K. They don't throw as much light as add-on back up lights but as they simply replace the stock 7441 back up bulbs, the installation is much cleaner and very easy. The other bonus is, they are probably 3-4X the brightness of stock with a clean white light. The pair of bulbs cost me all of $19.70 including taxes (no shipping as I purchased them locally).

Last edited:

Dogger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue. When I purchased the led tail lights the back up lights cast a better light pattern (same bulb as before). The led lights I picked has the back up light lens on the bottom of the tail lights....unlike the oem tail lights. I also added some bullet aux. back up lights that helped....

Attachments

• DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00067.jpg
    DSC00067.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 22

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
hey dogger where did you get the bullet backups at?? those are cool lookin and freakin small. i almost didn't see them.. i need some xtra light in the back too..

Dogger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got them off of ebay about two years ago. If I remember right they were inexpensive....made some small brackets for them and bolted them right up to a factory bolt underneath the step bumper. To wire them...all I did was splice into the factory backup light wire.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
You can get 3 watt LED bulbs here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...F315x-xLX3.htm
They're a bit pricey, but are as bright as a LED flashlight.

There is also a license plate frame with LED backup lights built in from V-leds http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/L...-p7516915.html
I just put it on recently, and its really bright and works well, only took about 10 min to install.

that license plate is nice but they're all on backorder. :emotions122: guess i'll have to figure something else out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee