RFI: Super Cruise Ownership Pro & Cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWLa Now

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Placing an order for a ‘25 Z71 Tahoe when the order guide allows my dealer, UNC when SC will be available in MY 25s but looking for updated feedback from any here that actually own/owned a veh. w/ Super Cruise?

ETA - have done a search/2 here already so looking for additional feedback in addition to what’s posted here previously.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will SuperCruise (or any other "self driving" system) allow me to be hands free and play with my b@lls while the vehicle drives itself to its destination? If not, then I wouldn't spend money on it.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placing an order for a ‘25 Z71 Tahoe when the order guide allows my dealer, UNC when SC will be available in MY 25s but looking for updated feedback from any here that actually own/owned a veh. w/ Super Cruise?

ETA - have done a search/2 here already so looking for additional feedback in addition to what’s posted here previously.

First off, do not confuse SC with something like Tesla’s FSD (full self driving). SC will not get you out of your driveway, to the grocery store, and back home. It is intended to only function on wide-open highways.

That said, SC is great if you plan on taking long road trips on highways and interstates. It does have some difficulty around curves - it will disengage if a hairpin curve is coming up and struggles when lane markers widen out like when a passing lane forms. Once you’re used to it, however, it’s a great way to take a break - you just have to be mindful of when things are coming up that might cause it to disengage.

Summary: if you plan on taking long roadtrips on the open road, it’s great. If you live in Metro Atlanta and never go farther than your local Costco, it’s not worth it. Let’s see how the pricing breaks out, but at least with the 22-24 Yukons you *had* to get the Advanced Tech Package to get SC, and that included things I didn’t want (like rear seat media). Maybe that changes now that SC is making its way to nearly the entire lineup.

OP
OP
N

NWLa Now

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Steebu TY much for that, mirrors what my dealer friend shared w/ his time using SC. Majority of my travel will be highway/IH and we confirmed SC is not available on Z71s & only w/ the Adv Tech Pack. that shows late availability but ATP can be ordered w/ out rear media was my understanding.

Waiting for the rep to define *late availability* could shift from Z71 to RST depending on delivery time-frame & thanks again for the informative feedback as that’s what most use a forum for versus …….

BacDoc

Reaction score
I don’t have SuperCruise but I have adaptive cruise and lane keeping. I wish my Tahoe had SuperCruise, a couple of my usual routes are compatible and the adaptive cruise works well but it would be so much better to drive without holding the wheel.

There is one 10 mile stretch of A1A 45 mph speed limit that is heavily patrolled for speed and I drive this several times a week. The surface is butter smooth, straight, no blind spots and not much development or cross traffic so it is easily safe at 55/60. The road feels like it should be 60 mph limit.
It is so nice to put on the adaptive cruise to stay under radar and avoid a ticket but you still have to hold on to the steering wheel. SuperCruise would be the perfect choice here.

It’s roads like this that make revenue as the posted speed limit is a lot lower than you would expect as a highway drive. Funny how they figure this out and anything above 10 mph over limit is big bucks for ticket!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is you may be forced into taking it in order to get certain trim levels or options you want. Personally I don't care how good it is when I'm driving i'm driving. Not really interested in it but if I buy a new ultimate in 25.....I'm sure I'll be forced to take it.....

BacDoc

Reaction score
Probably too complicated but I wish they made this as a dealer installed option. Toward the end of the 2024 model year I couldn’t find a Tahoe with SC that had the color choices and options I wanted but I really wanted SC. My truck has adaptive cruise so the radar and lane keeping are there. It seems like the steering and steering wheel monitor is the proprietary part? I’m definitely no engineer but it might be something that could be added to truck with adaptive cruise.

That way the customer can get any trim level they want and those who want it can pay the price to get it. From responses it is a very polarizing issue - some love it and will always use it whenever they can and some would never use it or choose that option even if it was no charge.

OP
OP
N

NWLa Now

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably too complicated but I wish they made this as a dealer installed option. Toward the end of the 2024 model year I couldn’t find a Tahoe with SC that had the color choices and options I wanted but I really wanted SC. My truck has adaptive cruise so the radar and lane keeping are there. It seems like the steering and steering wheel monitor is the proprietary part? I’m definitely no engineer but it might be something that could be added to truck with adaptive cruise.

That way the customer can get any trim level they want and those who want it can pay the price to get it. From responses it is a very polarizing issue - some love it and will always use it whenever they can and some would never use it or choose that option even if it was no charge.
Like your thinking & wish it was available that way now as it’s unavailable on ‘25 Z71s which I placed an order for on Fri.

Thanks to all that posted their experiences w/ SC & though I’d like to have it the Z71 I ordered will cover all my needs for now.

MN1965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my 24 Yukon Denali with SC in July and absolutely love it. I find it really reduces fatigue when driving on long trips.

husker_fan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would check the SC maps to make sure the routes you plan to take daily or on vacation are on there. The Cadillac website seems to be the best map.

I think SC is great and can't wait for them to add more roads. We drive our Yukon XL mostly for road trips and it makes life much easier. I can eat my lunch and drive and just relax.

If the road is weird or a windy day it doesn't work great which I can appreciate. Now that I have had it there is no way I'll get another Yukon/suburban without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369