right side blinker coming on when headlights/park lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bingus24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello everyone, I've noticed that my right blinker comes on when the headlights or the park lights come on (park lights come on when the headlights are on anyways.) it bugs me since well its only the right side, not the left side as well, any knowhow on fixing it?

Attachments

• IMG_5089.jpg
    IMG_5089.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5090.jpg
    IMG_5090.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 3

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
hello everyone, I've noticed that my right blinker comes on when the headlights or the park lights come on (park lights come on when the headlights are on anyways.) it bugs me since well its only the right side, not the left side as well, any knowhow on fixing it?
Have you checked the bulb itself? I'd check that 1st since it's the easiest. Even if you just swap out the bulb with another known good one.

OP
OP
Bingus24

Bingus24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
even with a good bulb (thank god i had a bunch laying around from my junkyard expeditions) it'll still come on

Attachments

• IMG_5091.jpg
    IMG_5091.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Bingus24

Bingus24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
after a little bit of messing around with like 3 other good bulbs it they'll all turn on, something tells me it isn't the bulb but rather an electrical issue

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does this happen in the back, too? I'd suggest inspecting the bulbs in the rear fixture (turn signal might be different from brake bulb, depending on the fixture). A bad bulb can send voltage to places it's not supposed to go.

Also if there's a 7-blade trailer connector, be sure that the socket is clean.

OP
OP
Bingus24

Bingus24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, it only occurs in the front and its only the right side that does it aswell, it does flash when the turn signal is activated but just stays on afterwards if the side marker lights are on. like if power was also going to it from the side marker

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year Yukon?

I assume that the rear bulbs all operate correctly? Check those back bulbs anyway -- it may not show the issue back there but the bulb or contacts could be messed up.

OP
OP
Bingus24

Bingus24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year Yukon?

I assume that the rear bulbs all operate correctly? Check those back bulbs anyway -- it may not show the issue back there but the bulb or contacts could be messed up.
its a 2003, checked all the bulbs in the back as well (minus the reverse lights since i swapped those over to LEDS yesterday) they all seem good, no burnt filament or anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369