Rims/Tires Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05goatls2

Reaction score
I'm sorry for this newbish question, I'm just at a loss of what I want to do. Right now I don't have any lift on my 93 Kon. I have a set of 01 Silverado Rims with 265/70R16 tires, and I need to get new tires. I really want to go bigger, and wanted to see if anyone knew how much bigger can I go? I don't really like the rims and I think I'm going to get a set of rims and tires.

OP
OP
05goatls2

05goatls2

Reaction score
typically with a stock suspension in good shape and not sagging you can go the dimensions of 285/75/16 or SAE equivalent.

Thanks sunlit... the ass is sagging about 2" so my plan is to put 2" blocks on. I've been searching and looking at everyone's two door to get an idea. I know eventually I'm going to pick up another daily driver so I can go through the whole truck (6" lift to start) but for right now I'm going to stick with stock suspension if I can. The tires look like racing slicks so I think it's time the shoes get swapped out :)

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have (3) larger-diameter options:

255/85/16's - usually a load range E
285/75/16's - anywhere from a C to an E
305/70/16's - again, C to E

All are within 1/4" of each other height-wise, but the 255's will be about 10" wide, the 285's will be about 11 1/4" wide, and the 305's just under 12" wide. The 255's will clear with absolutely zero rub (if your front end isn't sagging yet), the 285's may or may not. The 305's might a little, but that can be remedied with a little torsion bar cranking, as long as they aren't rubbing on the control arms...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Thanks sunlit... the ass is sagging about 2" so my plan is to put 2" blocks on. I've been searching and looking at everyone's two door to get an idea. I know eventually I'm going to pick up another daily driver so I can go through the whole truck (6" lift to start) but for right now I'm going to stick with stock suspension if I can. The tires look like racing slicks so I think it's time the shoes get swapped out :)

replacement spring packs would be better. if it is a 4dr. the fuel tank will have to be moved to get the left forward bolt out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk morgan