Roof Rack Removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the roof rack on my new Tahoe today, but unsure if I like it, what do you guys think?

8352422464_1c64b7f55b.jpg

Not sure the best way to seal up the holes, just put the stock bolts back in for now. I wasn't sure if the holes were sealed, so I poured a little water into one of them and it didn't fill up so it must not be sealed. I guess I now have a little water in my headliner :)

8352422204_0e0dcc80e4.jpg

8351360237_6a4e2d9295.jpg

If I decide to keep the roof rack off, I was thinking about switching to set screws with some plumber's thread sealant on the threads (Think that will keep water out??) and then using plastidip to cover the screw and nut? Anyone have any better ideas??

OP
OP
mjenk430

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doorside molding.

From my Walkie Talkie

Huh, you mean like the piece I plan on taking off the side of the truck? Hadn't thought of that. It would look like another ripple in the roof. Do you know of anyone that has done it that way? Any pictures?

Do you think I can get those pieces already painted Summit Whiite (without the chrome strip like the ones I will be taking off)?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen them in white....yes... that is what I was suggesting.

The proper way is to weld....

Someone here did that too.

From my Walkie Talkie

OP
OP
mjenk430

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely won't be cutting, welding, bondo'ing and repainting the roof. It gave me enough heartburn taking a grinder to the frame for the free travel mod. :)

I'll do some searching around and see if I can find a pick with the door molding and see if I can find it to purchase. Thanks for the idea.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
took mine off and it looked good but up close you can see it. Espically more that the truck is lowered. I also worried about water getting and and leaking into headliner

picture.jpg

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good but as stated maybe a small drop would make it look better

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a link to the moldings....

I will post it when I am at a PC.

From my Walkie Talkie

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those plugs can get expensive. They are $25.00 for two of them.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2