Rough Idle issue, yes I've replaced a bunch of stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here is the problem. 03 Tahoe with 82k miles. Starts just fine, but when you put it in gear the RPM's drop down and kind of bounce around 3-500 RPM's while it does that the volt gauge dips down with it. There are no codes being thrown and no lights coming on the dash. I have replaced plugs and wires, cleaned the MAF, new air filter, done a complete trannsmission flush, and replaced the fuel filter. I took the alternator into town and it test's good, and the battery is also good. WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!?! Plz help me

P4C
IMG_0378.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dubbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know bad form to post 2 of the same topics but this area get more traffic
Ok here is the problem. 03 Tahoe with 82k miles. Starts just fine, but when you put it in gear the RPM's drop down and kind of bounce around 3-500 RPM's while it does that the volt gauge dips down with it. There are no codes being thrown and no lights coming on the dash. I have replaced plugs and wires, cleaned the MAF, new air filter, done a complete trannsmission flush, and replaced the fuel filter. I took the alternator into town and it test's good, and the battery is also good. WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!?! Plz help me

P4C
IMG_0378.jpg

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd clean your throttle body and possibly do a seafoaming of the intake manifold!! Also, when cleaning the MAF, were you careful not to touch the wires in the MAF and did you let the spray air dry and not by using a compressor?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try cleaning the throttle body. mine did that and a good cleaning did the job

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just posted in your other thread.

quit double posting foo!! :D

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

P4C
IMG_0378.jpg
Nice truck. Looks like you did alot of work on it.
try cleaning the throttle body. mine did that and a good cleaning did the job

+1 on this. Alot of carbon build up in the tb. A good cleaning will help her idle and run better.

OP
OP
D

Dubbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well cleaned the throttle body and it fixed it, weird but glad its all better. Thanks guys

willbill15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i got the same issue and taken my car to several shops and they got no idea whats causing it. I will try to clean the tb and see what happens....can i use carb cleaner or do i need to get specific tb cleaner? or what do i use? anything i gotta be careful of spraying?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the same issue and taken my car to several shops and they got no idea whats causing it. I will try to clean the tb and see what happens....can i use carb cleaner or do i need to get specific tb cleaner? or what do i use? anything i gotta be careful of spraying?

i bought TB cleaner, a few rags, some q-tips and a little time. i think i might take it off and do a better job, but man it was black inside there!

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a bit of info also if that dosent stop it from doing the bouncing thing.. remover the idle acir controll motor and clean it.. do not move the plunger while doing this just clean it with tb cleaner and clean its port and re install..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO