Rough idling 07 Yukon Denali...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it's time for GM to get a tune put together and a recall to fix this issue. it seems more people than not are having this issue. GM working on the problem? I really don't see them doing anything about it. The trucks are 7 years old, out of warranty, and they have other things to worry about.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know why and what the root cause is. It's just friggin annoying.

Rosko

Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to worry about it unless it causes a major problem. Right now, it's a tiny bit annoying at idle, but it doesn't affect it much (never drops below 500rpm), and runs perfectly, responsive, has gobs of power.

I'm guessing others must have bigger issues than I do, and maybe mine will progress to that, until then I guess I'll wait.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it could be as simple as raising the idle speed up 50-100 rpm.

I know when I tuned my Denali I changed all of the idle settings.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to try a tune but have not pulled he trigger. I raised my rpms temporarily with a tech 2 but still had the erratic shimmy,sputter,twitch whatever it is. It feels worst in the passenger set than the drivers. I may see if I can put some rubber or something where the seats mount down. Engine mounts look good. I guess not knowing the cause is driving me crazy. OCD I guess. And I guess I expect better.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try marvel mystery oil mixed in with a full tank, mix as per instructions. Fixed my studder. I use it every full up.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rosko,

Hey there! I understand that you are experiencing a vehicle issue that is annoying you. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but if you find that this may be a major concern, I would be happy to look into this concern for you. I am only a private message away!

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that the DOD/AFM is the culprit.
It was introduced in 07, correct?

daddyrim

Reaction score
Any updates on this?
Had my 08 Denali XL to the dealer for this twice. They say its normal for the 6.2 to have a rough idle? I kept explaining that it started getting worse about a year ago, and we never had that issue before. Dealer shrugs it off as I believe they have no clue what the problem is. No codes, no issue in their mind?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968