rse problems with gmos-100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed my jvc nav unit last night with the gmos-100 so I could keep the dvd sound. When I first installed, the aux input on my radio would play the free xm channel, then I called metra tech support and they said to disconnect the xm from behind the glove box and the aux should default to the rse.

After I did that the only thing I get out of my aux input is some static. No dvd sound. re hooked up my factory unit and everything worked as it should.

Tech support had no more options to give me........

Any suggestions out there?

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
after talking to metra tech support the solution was to hold down the source button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds. He said they would be adding that to the manual

ghostlykeswayze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
after talking to metra tech support the solution was to hold down the source button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds. He said they would be adding that to the manual

So there's no way to retain both the RSE and XM? This is disappointing considering I just paid $125 bucks thinking I could retain everything.

Anybody know if the six disc CD changer will be functional with the GMOS 100? If not, no big deal..I rarely listen to cds anymore. Any ideas what I may be able to with the space if I were to remove the disc changer.

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you might actually be able to, simply holding down the source button on the steering wheel when you aux input is active on the new radio might switch. But to do the xm you will need to add the xtra module from metra so you can see the channel it is on.

I simply bought the sirius add on for my aftermarket radio to keep it more streamlined than having another module stuck on my dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts