running boards or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i took the running boards off my tahoe a couple years ago because the drivers side was broken and now im thinking of buying some for it..what do you guys think? it will also make it look lower so i think it will look good but looking for opinions thanks

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you are not going to get any younger, I personally like the stock running boards and I have a pair of concrete finishers knees so I use them constantly. Only way I would take mine off is if I found a pair of the black oval 4 inchers cheap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ashelm

Reaction score
I have factory boards on my XL so I can't do this --BUT if I didn't, What I wanted to do with my 92 Suburban and never did was to go to PETERBILT and get a pair of 5" chrome take-off stacks with the small turn out's. Kind of a weed burner thing. Now you can't use them to get into the truck with but I think they would look cool and with the right muffler in them they would sound cool. With 5" it would make your truck look muck lower than just with running boards. Side pipes,sound,chrome,one of a kind,what do you think? Scott

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have factory boards on my XL so I can't do this --BUT if I didn't, What I wanted to do with my 92 Suburban and never did was to go to PETERBILT and get a pair of 5" chrome take-off stacks with the small turn out's. Kind of a weed burner thing. Now you can't use them to get into the truck with but I think they would look cool and with the right muffler in them they would sound cool. With 5" it would make your truck look muck lower than just with running boards. Side pipes,sound,chrome,one of a kind,what do you think? Scott

i think i know what your talking about man..theres a tahoe here in denver with some of those and i gotta admit it looks good its something different his are all black tho i dnt think id lyk chrome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus