Running non-stock Tire Sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC04Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '04 Tahoe but it has '07 Tahoe rims and tires, 265/65 18. I am not sure what size it should have but I know that these are messing up my speedo and odometer. Aren't these larger than stock? Shouldn't I be going faster than what the speedo shows? But I am not, the speedo says 60 but my GPS shows 58.

Has anyone had their computer reprogramed for different tire sizes, how much did it cost? Thanks.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were two options for your tahoe, 275/60/16 or 275/60/17.

There are some handheld tuners that can correct tire size but in my opinion you should get a blackbear tune. justin can correct the tire size and a whole lot more. you`ll be happy you did it. i know i am. if i remember correctly a tune costs $250.

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How off was yours?

There are some handheld tuners that can correct tire size but in my opinion you should get a blackbear tune. justin can correct the tire size and a whole lot more. you`ll be happy you did it. i know i am. if i remember correctly a tune costs $250.

When you went to the 'NNBS' LTZ 20" wheels, how much did your speedo change?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is now dead nuts accurate. (275/55/20)

What GPS? some are themselves off 1-2 mph.

sully

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the wheels and tires off my buddies 07 Tahoe on my 2003, my speedo is off by 2-3 mph over what it reads. The overall size is 1 inch taller than the stock ones from our body style so there isn't much of a difference.

I have noticed that my front drivers side tire rubs the inner fender when reversing and turning hard right but it isn't going to stop me from using them. I needed the 17" wheels to lower the Hoe with spindles in the front and now I think I'm just going to bag it so it doesn't matter anymore.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure the stock size tires was 265/70?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunkltz