Safety Alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonefishin018

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Attention all 2014/2015 Tahoe owners. You must verify the tow rating of your Tahoe before towing over 6300lb. The towing info on the Chevy website is false!!! It shows that the standard towing for a Tahoe is 8300lbs. The actual standard is 6300lbs. So if you bought a Tahoe thinking it would tow 8300lbs you could be in danger.
I was forced to trade in the under capacity Tahoe and took a loss of over $5,000 because of. Chevrolet’s false advertising and because even my dealer did not know that standard towing was 6300 and not 8300. Make sure you verify with a reliable source. Older Tahoes may have these same issues also!

HUMBL57

AC Guru
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could speak to a lawyer on this topic and get try and get your money back. If they made a mistake in print and you can prove it I'm sure there will be a class action suit soon enough. This has happened even with less important issues. My Dad recieved $ from a class action suit back in '96 because they had the fuel tank capacity listed incorrect for his '96 Tahoe. So they gave money to anyone that purchased one. It wasn't a lot. But your case is different obviously

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo