Screen Flicker - 2020 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmillice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, first timer here. The screen on my 2020 Tahoe flickers incessantly. I have tried:
Pulling battery cables/reset everything
pulling the blue plug out of the HMI and reseating
pulling the other end of the blue HMI cable out of the back of the screen unit and reseating
pulling the blue cable out of the back of the DVD player and reseating
pulling the blue cable out of where it connects at the console and reseating

All to no avail.

I found you guys because I stumbled onto this thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/upgrade-16-denali-to-hdmi-input-from-17-models.86695/page-8

And specifically this picture: e55cdc0efd35f7f15a39974c5cd8b65e-jpg.jpg

So I would love to check the cable at the HMI bypass module but I cannot for the life of me figure out where that is. Any suggestions?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, first timer here. The screen on my 2020 Tahoe flickers incessantly. I have tried:
Pulling battery cables/reset everything
pulling the blue plug out of the HMI and reseating
pulling the other end of the blue HMI cable out of the back of the screen unit and reseating
pulling the blue cable out of the back of the DVD player and reseating
pulling the blue cable out of where it connects at the console and reseating

All to no avail.

I found you guys because I stumbled onto this thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/upgrade-16-denali-to-hdmi-input-from-17-models.86695/page-8

And specifically this picture: View attachment 430754

So I would love to check the cable at the HMI bypass module but I cannot for the life of me figure out where that is. Any suggestions?
in most cases flickering is likely to be the lcd panel it's self. the only way to verify would be to plug it into another vehicle.
you could try dissasembling the lcd and see if the flat copper color connector has worked it's way loose. it can be replaced and that would be my first choice and cheapest in the parts cannon department.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
B

bmillice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help with this - @Doubeleive you were correct, I ordered a new LCD and replaced it and the flicker is gone! Thank you! There were plenty of videos and forums that pointed to people simply "reseating" or pushing connectors together and it magically fixed the screens, but that was definitely not my case.

In case anyone else finds this, the LCD model number for my 2020 Tahoe was DJ080EA-01K. Yet that part seemed to be very hard to come by on the parts websites/Amazon. However, a very similar-looking screen, part number DJ080PA-01A was readily available and cheap. Yet none of the sites listed DJ080PA-01A as being compatible after 2018. Since it was only $100 I pulled the trigger on Amazon knowing I could probably return it if it didn't work, but it worked perfectly!

I followed the video instructions here to take apart and replace the LCD:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buukum