SD card and video in LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photios

Reaction score
So you can view the list of movies using the remote in back? I'm having the same problem. It plays the first movie on USB or external drive.

Yes. It will work with the remote.

Tinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. It will work with the remote.

In fact, if you have two screens as I do on the Yukon XL, each screen can watch different movies coming from the same SD card. I bought a second remote as the second screen is identical and therefore has a spot to store. You don't have to do this as the remote has a 1 and 2 button which allows it to control the screens independently. However, the kids like to have control separately between the two screens without sharing a remote. :)
The interface to get to the list of movies is a bit clunky, but the kids figured it out and can see the entire list of a dozen movies or so that I have on the SD card.

kentiler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In fact, if you have two screens as I do on the Yukon XL, each screen can watch different movies coming from the same SD card. I bought a second remote as the second screen is identical and therefore has a spot to store. You don't have to do this as the remote has a 1 and 2 button which allows it to control the screens independently. However, the kids like to have control separately between the two screens without sharing a remote. :)
The interface to get to the list of movies is a bit clunky, but the kids figured it out and can see the entire list of a dozen movies or so that I have on the SD card.

What format do you use for the videos? We just bought a Yukon XL and it has this feature, so I want to add the videos for the kids. Also, can you configure the headsets to be listening to one screen or the other? Thanks!

Tinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What format do you use for the videos? We just bought a Yukon XL and it has this feature, so I want to add the videos for the kids. Also, can you configure the headsets to be listening to one screen or the other? Thanks!

Yes, you can switch the headphones between the two DVD players. Kids watch different shows all the time.

The movies on my SD card are a mixture M4V or MP4 formats. Enjoy!

bmwman3241

Reaction score
So no way to pull up a menu/list of the movies on the USB Drive on the front Nav screen?

Also, which USB drives in the front can be used for movies?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtymax6610