Second and Third Row Fold Down Screens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARAMP1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the second and third row screens in my 2011 Yukon XL. I'm looking to upgrade the stereo, but it seems like incorporating them into the new system will be more hassle than it's worth. And, if anyone is watching something, it's on their own phone/tablet.

So, I was thinking, without the need for a DVD player, that'll open up a bunch of head unit replacement options. But, now I have the screens just sitting there. Does anyone do anything with them when upgrading? They're low resolution anyway. Maybe keep them in and maybe hook up an X-Box to the aux ports? I've been off-and-on looking for headliners on ebay that don't have the openings, but it might just be easier to fiberglass and recover what I have.

So, what has everyone done with theirs?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the second and third row screens in my 2011 Yukon XL. I'm looking to upgrade the stereo, but it seems like incorporating them into the new system will be more hassle than it's worth. And, if anyone is watching something, it's on their own phone/tablet.

So, I was thinking, without the need for a DVD player, that'll open up a bunch of head unit replacement options. But, now I have the screens just sitting there. Does anyone do anything with them when upgrading? They're low resolution anyway. Maybe keep them in and maybe hook up an X-Box to the aux ports? I've been off-and-on looking for headliners on ebay that don't have the openings, but it might just be easier to fiberglass and recover what I have.

So, what has everyone done with theirs?
installed a headunit with dual zone so the rear "can" watch the same content, does not require a dvd, most newer units play digital media just fine.
all you need is the correct adapters and 2nd/3rd row have to be wired together, not really that big of a deal and the rear still operates like it was intended so you can still use the rca's for input if so desired.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that. What headunit did you install?
Pioneer avic-w8400nex it's a few years old now but has wireless android auto/car play and does everything any new one will do and then some.
you can pick up a decent used one for $500, these amazon units and china brand units you see around for cheap are garbage, I mean they work but are not dual zone and the sound quality is sub-par, you get what you pay for....
I can only recommend pioneer or kenwood even if it's a few years old they are good units
you can pickup the modules for a decent price also if you shop around like a maestro rr is the interface you want to make everything work like it should
I bought pretty much everything off of ebay or amazon, I'm poor I can't afford retail audio prices
the current avic model is still just a 8600, the only difference is it has alexa built in but so does my phone.... so having it built in the radio serves 0 purpose
by shopping around I probably got everything at 1/2 price or close to it.
you can go to the idatalink website and put in the vehicle and the radio you intend to use, follow the online guide and it will tell you exactly what you need. then just write that down and go look online, the rr module is usb programmable to it doesn't matter if it is used or not it can be programmed as many times as you desire, just be sure it has all the cables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geeeeg