Security light issue.. all advice appreciated - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tobi_99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 99 2dr 5.7, security light is solid.

Let me break down what happened.

I have had this truck for years, when i first got it and replaced the motor in it, it had a security issue i completed relearn process and put in a resistor that fixed the issue.

Broke down on the interstate the other day truck just shut off, while i was trying to find a tow company maybe about 20 minutes later tried to start and it started again. Drove about 3 miles and it did it again. Decided just to go get my other 2dr Tahoe and trailer and get it back home. Took the battery out of the one that broke down to run the winch and got it home.

Checked the fuel pump and it has pressure, changed the crank sensor, cam sensor, rotor/cap, ignition coil. Tried the relearn process multiple times with no luck. Security light was flashing at first, now it is just solid and truck will crank but no start. Any ideas i haven’t tried yet?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find someone that can delete the Passlock security system or mail it off. That's the best bet.

You'll thank yourself later.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The security generally doesn't make the truck shut off while running, don't see how it could. It's designed to stop all of us from stealing our own trucks. Mine has done it and it only gives you the attempt to start and die with the solid light. Shut everything off and then turn the key on and go get a cup of coffee, when you're done you can go out and cycle the key and start the truck.
It's a POS system and deleting it from the PCM is the best fix. There are hacks but if you disconnect the battery after the hack you'll have a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1