What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well no, it works fine with techline and legit paid software, bosch doesn't know that it is a clone. the issue comes up with the hacked software. seems like about every 90 days it changes, with the clone interface and legit software it doesn't matter because it updates the clone firmware and everything is good to go.

the nano is different it requires the vcm software to be updated and their firmware update server/website is caput and has been for a while so you have to go hunt it down

the issue with the mdi2 clone and the hacked software is firmware variance between the interface and software
with legit software you just open up the bosch mdi manager and it updates the clone like it is a legit interface, then you are good to go.

so to use it as a. scanner you still gotta buy the downloaded off acdelco and it's just a pass thru? I keep wishing there was something like the clone tect 2 with the diagnostic usable without needing to involve gm at all.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so to use it as a. scanner you still gotta buy the downloaded off acdelco and it's just a pass thru? I keep wishing there was something like the clone tect 2 with the diagnostic usable without needing to involve gm at all.
ya, there are good stand alone scanners out there just gotta drop the money on one
this one is supposed to be the best bang for the buck, never had my hands on one though to even try it out

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That radio fits perfectly in the space.
How does it perform?
So far so good. There’s a lot I would change but for the price it’s hard to beat. CONS: Ive had to play with the eq to get sound right. Without eq adjustment sound was a bit muddy on Bluetooth. Radio sounded fine. I don’t like that it has changed my blinker sound. I don’t really care for the the wood grain bezel but that’s my fault. I don’t like that the bezel is only held in by the bottom five clips. The top clips have nowhere to go with the old head unit removed. (EDIT: Just found mounting hardware meant to be anchor points for those clips. So that is no longer a con, just me not being thorough.) It’s holding fine, only has the slightest bit of play, but Florida summers are brutal on plastic so we’ll see how it fairs.
PROS: Now that I’ve got the sound dialed in it sounds great. MUCH louder than the old unit. Screen is very responsive and looks great. Bluetooth connection seems consistently solid. Phone calls sound like phone calls but I can hear and am easily heard so that’s all I’m really looking for there. I expected an absolute nightmare install but it honestly could not have been easier. To quote a great man, super easy, barely an inconvenience. So far it’s playing well with the Bose system. It shipped with a backup camera, which I did not realize. I haven’t hooked that up yet but if everything continues to track the way it has so far I expect to be happy with it.
For the money I spent I’m pretty damn happy right now. But this is day one. lol.

Last edited:

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya, there are good stand alone scanners out there just gotta drop the money on one
this one is supposed to be the best bang for the buck, never had my hands on one though to even try it out
For what that scanner does and what it costs, it is still not a bad price.
I paid $350 for mine years ago and I know it is less capable than that one and it has a smaller screen.
But, mine can reprogram keys and can send you an email with the diagnostic report.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what that scanner does and what it costs, it is still not a bad price.
I paid $350 for mine years ago and I know it is less capable than that one and it has a smaller screen.
But, mine can reprogram keys and can send you an email with the diagnostic report.
sounds like something that one does it says reports are uploaded to the cloud, don't know about doing keys though and there is probably not a in depth manual for it.
you could ask it in a question on amazon and they farm it out to buyers I get questions about my garmin tread from time to time

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Autel has comprehensive manuals for its scanners. I had to request one for my MaxiPro MP808S-TS but they sent the PDF within a day. Some of the earlier models used Android 4 but the newer models are using Android 11.

I'm not sure about sending reports to the cloud or emailing them, but I can get PDF reports by connecting mine to a PC. Easy enough.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
This is the one I bought recently after my Candi module stopped being recognized by my Tech 2.

VDIAGTOOL Bidirectional Scan Tool VD70: 2024 Newest Car Scanner Diagnostic Tool with ECU Coding, 36+ Resets, OE Full System Scan, CAN FD & DoIP, Crank Sensor Relearn, 3 Years Updates https://a.co/d/a0aglFF

I am happy with it so far although I haven't used it a ton. Reviews are good on it and reasonably priced I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samzigrossi