Sell Tahoe for Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richi5280

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 07 Denali. Love it so far. Only had it for a week and im already eager to go crazy on mods. Tinted all windows and windshield. Got hids for now and leds for exterior and interior. 6.2 is great plenty of power.

HD4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What problems?

Interested.

Locked front caliper, which tore up front differential , so new front driver brake caliper and front differential rebuild
Air ride compressor died
Air conditioning compressor died
Cracked radiator
Front wheel bearing went
Rear automatic lift gate stopped working.

Did not pay a dime for all these repairs but still a PITA. Truck only has 51000 on it now. Im covered till 75,000

white7wolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That ^^ is called a lemon I think. There musta been a bad batch at the factory or lazy workers that day lol

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an Escalade. You wont regret it. Just make sure there are no strange noises and no oil leaks when you test drive! other than that you should be good

Rosko

Reaction score
the 6.2 VVT with 6spd isn't even in the same category as the regular 5.3L with 4spd auto. I've had both, the power to weight ratio is awesome in denali/escalade, and mileage isn't much different for me. If you know how to drive too, you can eek more out of the 6.2, also VVT/6spd helps mileage a bit, while the 5.3 has 4cyl mode, but it's rather hard to keep in 4cyl with any gas pedal activity.

I say it comes down to price, I got my Denali for the same price as the regular Yukon SLTs were going for. If the Denali was 3-4k more, I may have just gone with the 5.3L with options I wanted. The 5.3L still runs great, and after all, most the time we are just going the speed limit and in traffic right?

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about selling my Tahoe and buying an 07-08 Denali or Escalade. Anything I should watch out for other than the normal maintenance?

What's your main reasoning behind the switch? Everyone is bringing up the 6.2 which is a great engine and has tons of power. If this is what you're looking for then yes I would say upgrade. If its pure pulling power and you don't mind a long wheelbase I'd say join the 6.0l club and grab a 2500 while they're still around. If its extra's and options, its between an Escalade and the Denali. Personally, I'd go for the Denali but that's me.

Know the history of the vehicle and why its at the lot, nothing worse than buying one with 60,000 miles of sitting in the carpool lane.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 isn't the only thing that's enticing. I like the nuance leather in the denali/esky vs the yukon/tahoe a LOT more. Also the woodgrain is nicer, the steering wheel/shifter is wrapped in leather, and the AC seats are awesome... it's the little things...

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 isn't the only thing that's enticing. I like the nuance leather in the denali/esky vs the yukon/tahoe a LOT more. Also the woodgrain is nicer, the steering wheel/shifter is wrapped in leather, and the AC seats are awesome... it's the little things...

Sometimes it is about the little things, I deleted the heated seats from mine but there are certainly some days which I really would like them along with AC seats. Ride is another considerable factor, and the two platforms are substantially different between the two (Denali vs. 2500).

I make the suggestion as I see some people moving to a Denali as a pure pulling rig when something else may be a better fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate