Serpentine Belt Problem. Please Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DALE! :party33:

Hows that wastegate situation/problem going?

The pulsing control solenoids for the wastegates got put on hold to make way for other projects.

Last summer was consumed with building the new garage to accommodate the hoist, plus adding heat and air conditioning. Over the winter, I spent free time, working on more mods for the Camaro. I hope to finalize those mods on the dyno this weekend.

Then I hope to be able to get back to cranking up the boost on the Tahoe. Just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day. :)

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others said. If it is definately coming from where you circled on your picture, then you are more than likely looking at A/C compressor bearings, maybe A/C clutch.

I would definately take TwinTT's advice and remove the belt, spin the pulleys by hand and see if you can pinpoint, may save yourself several hundred dollars if it isn't the A/C.

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it. Is this something i can drive around for a while without any serious damage? Because i really cant afford another couple hundred.

412HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
had the same problem .... a/c compressor .... cant rte a shorter belt cuz theres no pulley under it .... the have a a/c compressor by-pass bracket at auto zone for like $35.... just take the comptessor of and replace with bracket until u can afford a new compessor ....or hit da junk yard for a used one which would be around $35 -$40 dollars and if the used one is good thats a bonus , if it's not at least you won't have that annoying ass grinding sound

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just route a shorter belt around it, you'll be fine until you repair it. Just wont have A/C!!

And I definitely know what you mean by the "hey a young kid lets jerk him around" thing:emotions122:.... (i'm actually 17, accidentally picked 84 when i registered...)

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheels? you mean idlers/tensioners. in your picture your looking at the ac compressor. when i had my OBS the compressor was shot to shit and it was making the ugliest squeal in the world. before you condemn the compressor change the belt and while the belt is off as said above spin the tensioners and look for a bad one also check out the alternator they can be noisy when there on there way out

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that's the A/c compressor. I would install the A/c bypass kit till you save enough to get a new compressor and dryer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068