Service Tire Monitor - New Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ducati

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a search, but don't see this problem.

I've got a Service Tire Monitor warning.
Following the simple directions to relearn the TPMs.

I get the system to enter learning mode, but no amount of air pressure drop will get the horn to chirp confirmation.

My instructions say after 35 seconds with no chirp, start over. I have, several times, but with no luck.

Have I found a bad sensor my first try, or is there something else that can be done?

thx,
Ducati

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've done it, but are you starting at the passenger front? I think it goes pf, pr, dr, df. If you're starting on the passenger front and it's not giving you confirmation, its possible that one is bad. When I did mine, I made it all the way around to the driver front and it wasn't responding, so I knew my driver front had a bad tpms.

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go into the DIC and check the tire pressures? When I had one go bad, the warning popped up and when I checked the pressures with the DIC, 3 tires had a PSI reading and one just had "--". That was obviously the bad one.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Did you go into the DIC and check the tire pressures? When I had one go bad, the warning popped up and when I checked the pressures with the DIC, 3 tires had a PSI reading and one just had "--". That was obviously the bad one.

Old thread I know, but the same thing come up on mine after I got out of work today. Is it a bad sensor or a dead battery in the sensor. Yesterday I had the oil changed and the tires rotated and I was watching the mechanic through the window, when he pulled the wheels to rotate them, I thought he was playing basketball with my wheels, kinda dribbling them. Maybe he Knocked the sensor battery loose. It was ok yesterday and ok on the way to work this AM.

what do you think I need to do?

Sensor or Battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968