Side Molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
W33m4n just did this mod on Hoe and it's in his build thread. Looks great :waytogo:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it....burb how does the escalade molding look on a tahoe? do you know of anybody that has them on their tahoe? i looked around and all i see is pics of the 09 + ltz chrome moldings...l

It looks awesome. Not my trucks, but here are some pics:

Attachments

• 3007669777_c4fbd8b84d_o.jpg
    3007669777_c4fbd8b84d_o.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 70
  • wheelsperformancecom_2064_522060539.jpg
    wheelsperformancecom_2064_522060539.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 76

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I want to put chrome molding but I thought you had to have the orignal black factory molding on so you can put the chrome on top of it. It seems all the sites I have been looking at say to put the chrome over the top of the factory. Do you know where to buy the actual chrome molding?

The original black molding has to be fully taken off and the one with the new chrome strip has the color matched part attached to it and is not sold separately. All the sites are selling add on chrome aftermarket trim. The one that I replaced my original 08 LTZ molding (w/o chrome strip) is with the OEM 2009+ that comes with the chrome strip on top.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

It looks awesome. Not my trucks, but here are some pics:

Wow i'm really likin' the white color matched running boards and lower valance on the front bumper. It's weird how the two cars you posted pics of put the chrome strip in different spots since they don't have the horizontal indention in the door that the esky's have.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

You can get the chrome molding from any dealership, GM Parts Direct or sometimes you can score it on eBay. You'll remove your stock molding and put the new OEM Esky molding back on.

OEM esky molding is different then the Denali 07-11/Tahoe LTZ 09+ molding.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OEM esky molding is different then the Denali 07-11/Tahoe LTZ 09+ molding.

You are correct sir :waytogo: ...and didn't Ben put on Esky molding or am I wrong about that? I have not gone back and reread his build thread....

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct sir :waytogo: ...and didn't Ben put on Esky molding or am I wrong about that? I have not gone back and reread his build thread....

Wrong :)

He put on the 07-11 Denali/09+ Tahoe LTZ moldings... I thought about doing the Esky molding which is just a chrome strip that is beveled BUT the esky has an horizontal indention midway through the door from the ground up that is not on the Yukon/Tahoe door's... so I went with the Denali/LTZ molding

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:banghead: Well, alrighty :D

The info I've given is still accurate. Just pointed him to the wrong thread but KMeloney supplied pics so we should be good :D

:Handshake:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's weird how the two cars you posted pics of put the chrome strip in different spots since they don't have the horizontal indention in the door that the esky's have.

Yea, it's too low on the white one. Maybe they thought it looked better down there, but I don't agree. I've found that the top of the molding should be on the same line created by the crease(s) in the front and rear bumpers, when they turn from sloped, upward-pointing surfaces to vertical surfaces. You could probably snap a chalk line on the doors to line the molding up according to this line, or just measure from the bottom of the doors up to the top of the molding [before removing it]. I think the door bottoms are flat, so the measurements should be true from there.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would probably just put some tape along the tops of the original molding on the door panels (prior to removal) and then use that for placement of the new molding so that you can be certain the new molding is put back in the stock location :shrug: Sounds easy enough to me.....

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the esky molding on my old xl. Let me see if I can find a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe guy