Side Moulding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJoe619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you guy's recommend the Denali side moulding or the chrome moulding from an Escalade. Anybody did this swap yet? The Escalde moulding is cheaper, but don't know how hard it is to install. If you have any pics please hook me up.

Thanks
Joe

pjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guy's recommend the Denali side moulding or the chrome moulding from an Escalade. Anybody did this swap yet? The Escalde moulding is cheaper, but don't know how hard it is to install. If you have any pics please hook me up.

Thanks
Joe

i think it would look sick with tha scalade molding yo i say go for i wanna take my moldings off to make it look more box like

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hav personally removed my side molding have pic's of it sumwhere around here. i seen a tahoe today i think with the escalde sidemolding it was all white white side moldings with the chrome strip on top??? i think that's the esky... look'd hot but i like the streamline of no moldings betta

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I hav personally removed my side molding have pic's of it sumwhere around here. i seen a tahoe today i think with the escalde sidemolding it was all white white side moldings with the chrome strip on top??? i think that's the esky... look'd hot but i like the streamline of no moldings betta
The body color with the chrome along the top are off the '09 LTZ.

luvmychevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have the part number of the LTZ side molding with chrome strip??? Or know how i can get a set. Will the parts dealer let me buy them?

OP
OP
Y

YukonJoe619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the feedback. I do like the Denali moulding with the chrome strip on top, but there too pricey. The cheapest one i found for all 4 mouldings was around $500 and they still need to be painted.
Now, with the Esky moulding i think i can get them around $300 and i think the look will stand out more. I just don't know how hard it is to install and it should just be a perfect fit, i hope. Let me know if you guys get any of this upgrades.
thanks
Jo

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the feedback. I do like the Denali moulding with the chrome strip on top, but there too pricey. The cheapest one i found for all 4 mouldings was around $500 and they still need to be painted.
Now, with the Esky moulding i think i can get them around $300 and i think the look will stand out more. I just don't know how hard it is to install and it should just be a perfect fit, i hope. Let me know if you guys get any of this upgrades.
thanks
Jo

super easy, just go to home depot and get some 3M double sided tape (should look red from the outside but its gray tape) put it on the esky molding and then apply to truck. the hard part is taking your time getting the stock molding off. there is a thread around here somewhere on how to do it. hope this helps

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '09 LTZ (with the chrome strip at the top of the body-colored molding). I also have OEM Esky molding sitting in my garage, waiting to be installed.

The Esky molding already has 3M tape applied to it, so there's no need to add any tape to it. The only thing you WILL have to do to the molding is remove (2) tabs on each piece (I THINK there are two per tab on each piece, and not just on the longer pieces, but I'll have to verify that). The tabs are obviously meant to sit in alignment holes in the Esky doors -- but we don't have those holes in our doors. The tabs are nothing more than .5" plastic posts, and so I clipped them off with snips.

Just an FYI...

Oh -- If you DO go the factory route other than Escalade moldings, I'd go for the Tahoe ones for sure. The Denali moldings have a bulge in them that I think looks terrible. The Tahoe ones are much cleaner, IMO. But, to each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968