Side panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I did mine and replaced them with GMC Sierra moldings. As others have said, a little heat helps. I did mine in the sun and they got nice an warm. Then just grab an end and pull carefully but with some force. A 3m eraser wheel then cleans up the leftover 2-sided tape very well. I used a little compound to clean up the area and hit it with some wax.

OP
OP
rushingman

rushingman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much does the eraser wheel cost? So I make sure I'm looking at the right thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
rushingman

rushingman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I do want to put them back on though, how can I do it?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I do want to put them back on though, how can I do it?

Put some red 3M tape along the entire outside edge of the molding and stick back on. 3M tape can be found at auto parts store like Autozone

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my rear door molding came loose a bit on the end towards the rear of the truck. Eventually I decided to take it off to redo it. Good thing. Out poured I bet a cup of water. Just great.

The door is ok, but I'm not so hip on my moldings now, they are the larger stock ones, since it seems water can't drain. I will reattach it but with some scattered gaps without the 3m tape on it so future water can drain.

Any better ideas? No, I'm not buying new moldings.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
One of my rear door molding came loose a bit on the end towards the rear of the truck. Eventually I decided to take it off to redo it. Good thing. Out poured I bet a cup of water. Just great.

The door is ok, but I'm not so hip on my moldings now, they are the larger stock ones, since it seems water can't drain. I will reattach it but with some scattered gaps without the 3m tape on it so future water can drain.

Any better ideas? No, I'm not buying new moldings.

If it was me, I would not be leave gaps in the double sided tape. I would make it as solid as I could at the top and bottom, and also at the front and back. If you leave gaps, it will fill with dirt and crud which will hold moisture. It could then chafe and break the paint and then rust. Best bet is to keep moisture out the best you can in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035