SiriusXM malfunctioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

louu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you might have received a bad screen, some say it could be the cable also but unlikely usually it's just a funky digitizer, i would say return it and try again, and be sure the housing the lcd sit's in is clean with no plastic burr's on the edges
and if you bought the cheapest one you could find, then ya sometimes those are factory 2nd's or previous returns some sellers are honest about it and some are not.

and for the record on the k2's or t2's there is no "software" glitch that's going to make the lcd screen do bizarre actions on it's own, it's not sirius/xm doing it
if it is "freezing" or giving software error messages that is different, with the exception of the lcd digitizer completely failing.
It was one of the mid priced ones. They range from $99 to $140. I think I might try one of the digitizer's on my original screen next. It's not freezing or giving an error message. It's just going crazy switching to everything all the time and sometimes changing xm stations.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was one of the mid priced ones. They range from $99 to $140. I think I might try one of the digitizer's on my original screen next. It's not freezing or giving an error message. It's just going crazy switching to everything all the time and sometimes changing xm stations.
I put this one in the wifes 2016, they go in & out of stock it was $60 and some change, that was about a month ago it's been working fine

louu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow man that's a great price, thanks.
i would check on it daily to see if it is back in stock I think they only buy or sell a few at a time, goes in & out of stock last time I looked they had like 5 available, now it's sold out again

OP
OP
M

Madcircle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let us know how you make out
So the problem seemed completely fixed for about 2 days. The screen still sometimes jumps around from Channel Screen to Index screen, but so far, after 2 weeks I believe, the stations are not jumping around. So...like a 70% fix.

louu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the problem seemed completely fixed for about 2 days. The screen still sometimes jumps around from Channel Screen to Index screen, but so far, after 2 weeks I believe, the stations are not jumping around. So...like a 70% fix.
Witch one did you do? Replace the whole screen?

louu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I don't want to jinx myself but mine has been working perfectly for 3 days right now. I used this digitizer form the jungle website

OP
OP
M

Madcircle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Witch one did you do? Replace the whole screen?
I have not replaced the whole screen yet, I was referring to the cleaning and Plaedge as well as recalibration. But it started again today...Jumping around stations randomly every 5 - 10 seconds, and likewise with the inputs (XM, FM, Phone, USBetc).
Well I don't want to jinx myself but mine has been working perfectly for 3 days right now. I used this digitizer form the jungle website
Did you install yourself? I would be happy to purchase a new screen, but not comfortable at this point with doing it myself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road