Slight scrubbing or grinding noise in left front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdebusk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the pads and rotors on both sides on the front of my 2007 GMC Yukon back before Christmas. Everything seemed to be working fine and it was stopping like it was supposed to. The other day I ran an errand in town and when I got home I could smell hot brakes and there was smoke coming from inside the wheel on the drivers side. Agian the vehicle stopped normally and did not have any type of wierd feeling in the pedal. I drove it again basically same type of driving conditions and the brakes on that one side seemed to smell like they were hot but not bad and no smoke. I now also hear a slight grinding noise when I have the brakes applied and are almost at a stop, not sure if does this all the time because of wind noise when braking at speed. I pulled the tire off yesterday and checked the rotors and pads and could not see anything visually wrong. I'm stumped.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yep stuck caliper most likely pull off the rim and check it out

OP
OP
S

sdebusk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I thought it was that or possibly the hub. Whats the best way to fix this or is it time to buy a new caliper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan