Small Crack under the upper hose of Radiator (plastic section)... JB Weld???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mge_1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a small hairline crack just under the upper hose of Radiator (plastic section)... anyone use JB Weld to fix it? I've seen alot on youtube posting this product works. I guess the key is to make sure the surface is really clean before applying.

I'll try tonight and see if it works. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

OP
OP
mge_1

mge_1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Drove the Yukon to work today about 60 miles round trip and so far so good. No leaks and this stuff works!!! Awesome!

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Yukon to work today about 60 miles round trip and so far so good. No leaks and this stuff works!!! Awesome!

I had the same thing....but I bought a new one figuring it would just be a matter of time before it left me stranded in the desert in 115 degrees.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine had a crack same spot from overheating bought a new one.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're running the orange dexcool it's best to pull it now and replace that and the fluid...

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the JB weld holding?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radiator needs replacing, I was told I should get an all aluminum one rather than one with the plastic tanks on the side. Only costs a little bit more, what do you guys say? Anyone have an all alu one?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Mine had the same. Jb weld worked but we replaced with a good one from amazon. Delphi i think is what it is but if not go ac delco

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine cracked in the same place. jb weld for temp fix, but I replaced mine as well. factory radiator is huge and I didn't see a need to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kspang85