Snow tires/ Snow handling in rwd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tritron

Reaction score
I got 2019 Chevy Tahoe rwd ppv I wonder how well does the truck handle snow? I Wonder about recommended snow tires . Do you guys add waight in back for snow. I live in Colorado and we dont get that much snow. Few blizzards 10 to 20 years apart

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my pickup two wheel drive I put on all four winter tires and when snow is forecast I keep 4 or 5 bags of sand handy to throw in the back. Been in some really bad driving conditions over the years, shift work and 80 mile round trip commute. Four wheel drive is very rarely needed.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 2019 Chevy Tahoe rwd ppv. I wonder how well does the truck handle snow? I Wonder about recommended snow tires.
Do you guys add weight in back for snow? I live in Colorado and we don't get that much snow. Few blizzards 10 to 20 years apart.
I got a 2002 Tahoe Z71.
Although I DO add weight between the back seat and the rear wheels for the 10 days a year it snows over a foot in NY / NJ / PA /CT / MA,
I've never NEEDED to turn on 4WD-Hi - Auto4WD was enough.

I don't wonder about recommended snow tires, because I use tires with the 3Peak Mountain Snowflake.

How many days each year is MORE THAN ONE person you know NOT allowed to drive in snow because they suck at it?
If the answer is at least two people, and over 20 days a year, consider snow tires, since you have RWD.

(One of my ex-girlfriends was so bad at driving in the snow, that I bought her SUMMER tires just before breaking up with her,
just to prevent her from so much as being able to escape her garage if it had any snow on it whatsoever.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty