so much rattlinggggg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
well you could source the majority of the rattles perhaps unskrew the pieces and line with a tape or sponge and put back on...problem is theres alot of plastic on plastin in these 90's gm's

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
... i have one idea... but if you do it... you will never get it out. and it will add some weight. we do it on our shops competition cars/trucks, we do the regular dynamat extreme and then we go all out.. 2 piece expanding foam. it fills every little hole and makes it solid. keeps the rattleing to a MIN. but it really keeps the heat in.

OP
OP
drowndindreams

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... i have one idea... but if you do it... you will never get it out. and it will add some weight. we do it on our shops competition cars/trucks, we do the regular dynamat extreme and then we go all out.. 2 piece expanding foam. it fills every little hole and makes it solid. keeps the rattleing to a MIN. but it really keeps the heat in.

i hate the heat. besides, i don't have a large income to spend on deadner

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
well the foam is fairly cheap. but its the fact that well its really kind of a last ditch effort, what you could do is get some thick foam tape and put it on anyhitng that rattles. i.e. plastic on plastic contact and such

OP
OP
drowndindreams

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went and bought some foam squares about 1/4s thick. foamed it up but havent driven it yet

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
night work but in some places this cant help like i had majors issues with the barn doors. the bass was more like a midget in the back pushing the door open, and the only thing that fixed it was some thick weather seals. and well turn down the bass. i still have issues with it. i cant play my system when its raining hard... the bass literally lets the water fall right in. but pm me with some more spots that rattle and i can tell you what i did. maybe it will help you out.

OP
OP
drowndindreams

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
night work but in some places this cant help like i had majors issues with the barn doors. the bass was more like a midget in the back pushing the door open, and the only thing that fixed it was some thick weather seals. and well turn down the bass. i still have issues with it. i cant play my system when its raining hard... the bass literally lets the water fall right in. but pm me with some more spots that rattle and i can tell you what i did. maybe it will help you out.

well my main source is the rear ac controls and vents. i don't know what to do there because im afraid that if i pull the headliner it wont stick back on. but if i did those three pieces i would be set

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou