so this new seafoam method...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up a can with a decently long straw at the local o reillys. rigged it up to spray in that 360 degree pattern and it worked pretty well. did it before i pulled the intake off to replace the lower gaskets and install the new spider assembly.

couldn't find the "special" exotic intake 30" straw version....

used it in my camaro and talk about a ****** smoke show...

Pain@thepump

Reaction score
seafaoming has been around for the longest, especially in the import scene. I FOR ONE DON'T BELIEVE IN THIS. BOTH TIMES I DID THIS TO MY HONDAS ( I know it's coming, bring on the firing squad ) SHORTLY AFTER THE MOTORS BLEW. I use to be a technician for xxxxxxx companies and the BG 3 part solution has been and will always be my favorite.

FuelCans5.jpg

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol^^^ definitely. I did this seafoam bs outside the house and some guy down the street that was driving towards me thought i blew up my motor or something...hahaha

tons of smoke, but don't worry...it's part of the plan.

I did this one year as part of my spring oil change, put half a can into the brake booster hose, the engine stalled, I let it sit 20 minutes, then go for a drive. When the smoke cleared enough to see what was behind me, I see Barney and blues and twos chasing me, and fast! I pull over, shut it off, and when the officer walks up, he asks, "I think something is wrong with your motor!" "Naw officer I'm just doing some spring cleaning!" That brought on a good laugh and after explaining what I was doing he let run it home. When I got home, I drained the old winter weight out, put 5 quarts of cheep stuff and a bottle of seafoam, ran it for 15 minutes, drained black oil out, and put full-synthetic in, and now I can run 6,000 miles easily without the oil even getting close to black.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SeaFOAM is Great

This actually works. I wish i should have taken some pictures.

Before my Intake Valve was damage, i did a Seafoam cleaning Via Intake Hose.

When i pull my Cylinder head apart, i was amaze how how clean my head was. It was not SHINY clean, but it was cleaner than it was suppose to.

It was black, BUT there was no sign of any GONK/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES