Sold the 2019 Yukon XL SLT 4x4: 86K miles...guess how much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Porkys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a huge thank you from a now-former GMC Yuk XL owner. I recently sold this at CarMax for @$27K, and paid off the remnants of the loan. Saw that CarMax was selling for $37K...it blows my mind as to how they can pull such an upside from these cars. I guess used cars are still in high demand! It was one of the former rental models, and came with the DVD system and fold down screens, with BLE headphones.

I wanted to get a new Yuk XL, anything newer than '21, because I love the new look although it's too high a cost of ownership for me. I noticed that on my 2019 Yuk XL, I had the following work done, while I owned it:

1. Water pump replacement @55K miles (was leaking, covered under warranty)
2. Wheel bearings replaced @47K miles, covered under warranty
3. Axle seals, replaced at @45K miles, covered under warranty
4. Differential was blown up, @62K miles, I asked GM for good faith and they only asked that I pay @ 10%, or @ $400
5. Brake piston failure; replaced at @50K miles, out of town and had to replace out of pocket
6. 4x4 noises, was told my the GM ppl to keep my 4x4 selector in 2WD vs AUTO, took care of the problem.
7. Replaced battery at 60K miles
8. Replaced both rear shocks (one was leaking), @ 55K miles
9. Numerous Stabilitrak errors fixed (3 total) where I had to bring it back to the dealer for service. Errors as early as @20K miles.
10. AC got warmer, and the new refrigerant in CA is too expensive.
11. Tranny flush @60K miles

I really loved this car because of the cozy and spacious interior and streamline look of the exterior lines.

All the best and maybe one day I will be back with a newer Yukon XL!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a huge thank you from a now-former GMC Yuk XL owner. I recently sold this at CarMax for @$27K, and paid off the remnants of the loan. Saw that CarMax was selling for $37K...it blows my mind as to how they can pull such an upside from these cars. I guess used cars are still in high demand! It was one of the former rental models, and came with the DVD system and fold down screens, with BLE headphones.

I wanted to get a new Yuk XL, anything newer than '21, because I love the new look although it's too high a cost of ownership for me. I noticed that on my 2019 Yuk XL, I had the following work done, while I owned it:

1. Water pump replacement @55K miles (was leaking, covered under warranty)
2. Wheel bearings replaced @47K miles, covered under warranty
3. Axle seals, replaced at @45K miles, covered under warranty
4. Differential was blown up, @62K miles, I asked GM for good faith and they only asked that I pay @ 10%, or @ $400
5. Brake piston failure; replaced at @50K miles, out of town and had to replace out of pocket
6. 4x4 noises, was told my the GM ppl to keep my 4x4 selector in 2WD vs AUTO, took care of the problem.
7. Replaced battery at 60K miles
8. Replaced both rear shocks (one was leaking), @ 55K miles
9. Numerous Stabilitrak errors fixed (3 total) where I had to bring it back to the dealer for service. Errors as early as @20K miles.
10. AC got warmer, and the new refrigerant in CA is too expensive.
11. Tranny flush @60K miles

I really loved this car because of the cozy and spacious interior and streamline look of the exterior lines.

All the best and maybe one day I will be back with a newer Yukon XL!
dealers are able to ask more because they can offer financing and often a warranty as well
ALL of these newer ones seem to need more maintenance, especially if you pick up one with all the "extras" it's just more to fail.
you want that fancy cruise control? great! but if that fails it's going to cost you and then your going to not be happy.
you can consider it a given that higher end gimmicks are going to cost more to repair.
then one has to ask the question to you was that $50k+ loss over the last 5.5 years worth it?
a 5 year old vehicle is where I like to step in and buy because some other sucker already took the major portion of the loss, bugs are normally worked out and it's had the factory warranty parts fixed already. ready for round 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skylerwayne12