Solved--Rough ride after 2/4 Belltech kit, please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this will work on my 16 Denali
The issue is I don’t want to go any lower than I am right now. I mistakenly bought a 3” Maxxtrac rear lowering kit instead of a 2”I bought all new Arnott MR front and rear but the rear sits 1/2 lower than the front and has a little too much of a bounce when driving. It’s smooth but if can get the full travel of the Arnott rear shocks I think it will be perfect

I don’t know. Kind of stuck
The issue you describe sounds exactly like the problem I was having. The 4" shock extenders I listed above are only $40 on ebay and can be returned within 30 days if they don't work out. I would highly recommend trying them. I'm guessing you already have 2" shock extenders on your Denali. Make sure these look like the ones you already have since they are listed as being for 2000-2006 model years (even though they fit on my 2007).

Maxtrac also sells a 4" shock extender: https://www.amazon.com/MaxTrac-401004-Shock-Extender-Coils/dp/B08CHZ34L1/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2FH3CMWY8B0J4&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Cyd8z-pD_aqEBKHs1Da6FOUUm-LVPKi_m9rKFBjiGDgr7F-uCRfpNPvS5V1fFWHynKmekzZTsfgGsbxgIyNapsokAIvUT-ma3wewYGf6R3AKbkcK0UH2KGJ6NByw8y4FD_ilEnPZ6Z0s7CP7ZTEccnk-M-7m76BIlaRI__G4LIGmlzUOY7yPbZZkAzAhqBBdpdI7xRczmdMxzu0f6qKLzNqg4bwXxWFCksJKXbvVkck.IOVnptz8FEQkkmE14P_zYx7T4EDG7uWOHOzHNp691GM&dib_tag=se&keywords=4"+shock+extender&qid=1724429900&sprefix=4+shock+extender,aps,137&sr=8-5

You could also buy a 1" spacer to bring your rear up: https://www.amazon.com/Takeo-Leveli...-2676-104-&vehicleName=2007+Cadillac+Escalade

DeDadi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds good in theory but on paper but now my math isn’t mathing 4” extenders to bring it up ?
I think swapping the springs out would be although more $ the correct fix

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
Sounds good in theory but on paper but now my math isn’t mathing 4” extenders to bring it up ?
I think swapping the springs out would be although more $ the correct fix
No, 4" extenders to give you back lost shock travel. In my instance, when I lowered with the Belltech 4" lowering springs in the rear, I lost 4" of shock travel. The included shock extenders in my kit dropped the shock mounting point 2", giving me back 2" of the 4" of lost shock travel. I was still short 2" of travel. By installling these 4" shock extenders, I gain all my shock travel back after 4" lowering.

DeDadi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking originally but like all great ideas. You second guess yourself and in my case I’m all over the place. I guess for the money I can’t go wrong and it’s a great place to start

Thank you sir!!

DeDadi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, 4" extenders to give you back lost shock travel. In my instance, when I lowered with the Belltech 4" lowering springs in the rear, I lost 4" of shock travel. The included shock extenders in my kit dropped the shock mounting point 2", giving me back 2" of the 4" of lost shock travel. I was still short 2" of travel. By installling these 4" shock extenders, I gain all my shock travel back after 4" lowering.
I wanted to thank you for your help! I put the 4” rear shock relocation brackets that you recommended and the truck rides much better. It’s almost a stock ride near perfect
Thanks again

Denalibro76

Reaction score
I just got my hands on an 09’ Yukon and I’m glad I found this post! I’m going to be dropping it in the future cause I can’t stand the huge wheel gap and cause lower is better lol. Anyhow I’m looking at the Belltech kits and wondering what ones to get. If you get the springs only kit can you just use any strut and shocks you want or do they have to be “drop shocks”? I understand the extending part for the rear but wondering about the front more so.

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
I just got my hands on an 09’ Yukon and I’m glad I found this post! I’m going to be dropping it in the future cause I can’t stand the huge wheel gap and cause lower is better lol. Anyhow I’m looking at the Belltech kits and wondering what ones to get. If you get the springs only kit can you just use any strut and shocks you want or do they have to be “drop shocks”? I understand the extending part for the rear but wondering about the front more so.
My Belltech 753 kit uses the drop spindles in the front so there was no travel loss there. I would imagine you would want to use a drop shock in the front if you are using lowering springs only since you will lose travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamkribtwl7983