Some helpful info yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
A friend of mine owns a dealership in Rockwall, Texas which allows me to go with him to this custom car shop called Status. They built an GM award winning 2010 camaro for sema this year in 8 weeks so their work is impressive. Anyway, I was talking with their paint guy and asked him how much he would smooth and paint my trim around my dash for (the area that comes off around the radio gauges etc...) as he was in the process of doing one for an 06 burban. He said $250.00. Thinking that was steep for a father of fours pockets, I asked him how he did it. First let me tell you that everyone at this shop is amazingly cool and nice everytime I go there. So he told me how to do it myself. Incase anyone wanted to do this here is what he said. Use 180 grit to sand it smooth. Anything higher will make the plastic come out wrong, he used a differnt term but I cant remember what he said. he told me to then use a plastic primer on it and then sand that, then use regular paint primer, then sand that then paint. He said after that it will look smooth and nice. YOu guys may have known this already but I sure didnt and was thankful for the info and thought I should pass it on.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanx man i didnt know that either.... hmm now what color do i want???????

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red
I live in Rockwall and saw a silverrado that had status on the back window. Pretty nice looking truck. I need to do some touch up painting around my fender wells. You think you could ask this paint guy if I could come by and have him either give me a quote or give me directions on what I need to do to do this myself? Very little painting needed but considering I have never done any kind of painting I'm a little cautious. I would appreciate it, I'll buy you a six pack of your favorite beverage for your help

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I can definitely ask him. My only concern is that they may be a little pricey as they are a custom shop and custom = $. You may get a better price from a regular paint shop. I will definitely ask tho. You can go up anytime, the gate is always open for drive up business. I will get directions. Its off of the 549 exit on 30 but I will get the street you turn off of. I live in Forney which as you know is really close. We should meet up sometime.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live off of 276 between 205 and 549. I can find it and will go and ask. We need to meet up soon. I will keep in touch. You're right about the price, they probably will be pretty high. I will check just in case.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I live off of 276 between 205 and 549. I can find it and will go and ask. We need to meet up soon. I will keep in touch. You're right about the price, they probably will be pretty high. I will check just in case.

When you go over the bridge of 549 like your going to head back to Mesquite/Rockwall, go straight thru the light. Then take your first right and go down a ways past the storage facility and you will see a business on the right with a black metal fence/gate. that is it. Wait till you see the cars they have there and they are super cool people.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can definitely ask him. My only concern is that they may be a little pricey as they are a custom shop and custom = $. You may get a better price from a regular paint shop. I will definitely ask tho. You can go up anytime, the gate is always open for drive up business. I will get directions. Its off of the 549 exit on 30 but I will get the street you turn off of. I live in Forney which as you know is really close. We should meet up sometime.

Hey man why didn't you come out to Houston!

Thanks for the info!

B

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think you need to do this ASAP and post a step by step how to...include removal and all. that would be awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts