Some little bolt on mods CAI/MAF/Plug wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got some stuff for Christmas, and got some other stuff to help "pep" the yukon up.

I got the AFE Cold Air Intake system, pretty good system, supposed to be better then the K&N and other brands (who knows). How ever I liked the way this one came together and how the box mounts firmly to where the stock intake box was. This is the best system that I have instaled, simple, and efficient. I have finished pics, no progress pics sorry. This intake system doesnt have that annoying whistle to it, makes the motor sound more "throaty". I really like it, could have used a red filter instead of the blue but oh well!

IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg

Also, the MSD 8.5mm wires, just a nice touch, help the truck run a bit smoother. The only problem that I ran into, is that on the #5 cyc wire, that the wire would pop off due to getting caught on the steering colum bolt, wierd I know, never had this problem before. Might have to shorten them down.

IMG_0225.jpg

And finally a Grantelli MAF Sesnsor. I really think that I was in the market for a new MAF, as my truck has 220,000km on it and has never had the MAF replaced, I bought this one slightly used, and alot cheaper then the new factory replacement. I can tell you that there is a bit of diference with a performance MAF, throttle response feels double then stock now, could be due to the CAI and plug wires helping, and there is more power for sure, nothing to get OMG about, but its there.

IMG_0226.jpg

Here are some pictures of the truck sitting are backyard of Canada, just some nice background photos! I also sold my 18" Esky rims, and got some more aggresive tires, that I was in need of for work.

095.jpg
092.jpg

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, its pretty nice! Was nice to get out and get some fresh air!! Fun drive in to, did some quading, I need to get some toys :( . Those pics are in Waiparous, Alberta.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey, I like that blue filter :D

brave man out installing that in the cold and snow. :) Looks good!

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha you would like the blue filter!! It wasnt cold at all, -3 lol it was warm to be honest!

Thanks for the compliments! More to come, next pay day, headers and long tubes.

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh common!!! Its not even that cold... I even had just a tee shirt on... haha

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you do your plugs too and coils?
where did you get all the stuff?