Sound dampening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be installing sound dampening on the four doors of my Suburban. Will I notice a difference with the doors only and not the roof/floor/hood? For those who have done this, any install suggestions? Thanks

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did all my doors and roof. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been noticing some vibrations coming from my rear doors. I have some Alpine speakers in there with 100 watts at each speaker, probably too much wattage but every now and then I like to turn it way up. I think if I remove the door panel and lay some sound deadening all around the speaker that it should clear it up.

I have yet to do it but I mean I truly believe its going to help.

Do you have any vibrations back there or in the front?

I also read that it acts like a large speaker box and enables you too fill in all the holes. Be sure to let water drain out the bottom still.

OP
OP
D

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I am doing this to make the truck quieter inside from road noise, no rattles right now. I have a decibel meter and at 65 mph the db level in the car is 90. I bought KnuKoncetpz sound dampening for the four doors. I will install this weekend and see if there is a real measurable difference. Do Escalades or Denalis have more sound dampening than Suburbans?

anthonyz71

Black Death Bubonic
Reaction score
it will sound good bro . i am doing 3 layers on the doors qurters and rear hach then 4 to 5 on the roof . then redoing my windows once they go boom lol . ps 30k rms 50k peak watts slowly building. pm me for pics i got so far in to the build

Last edited:

bobblehead

Reaction score
I used an entire Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack for my two front doors. I could tell a difference. I plan on doing the rear doors and roof in the near future.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great audio upgrade. I installed 100+ sq. ft of second skin damplifier on the inner and outer skins of all 4 doors, the roof with some spots double layered, and the rear hatch. World of differance with mids/highs

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about that decibel level measurement??

Like before and after the sound deadening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO