Spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys run with one and for everyone with spindles or brakes requiring a wheel 17" or larger, what do you use as a spare?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have the stock spare back there.

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys crack me up! Anyone have a 17" or larger spare?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys crack me up! Anyone have a 17" or larger spare?

Shit, mine came with 16's, so I'm guessing "no". That's why I have 5 rims though. If you break down, you only have to use the ****** spare to get you to the house.......then you're back in the game player! LMAO! Love you guys!!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit, mine came with 16's, so I'm guessing "no". That's why I have 5 rims though. If you break down, you only have to use the ****** spare to get you to the house.......then you're back in the game player! LMAO! Love you guys!!

Mine has @ 17" inch Spare.

As I just added the NNBS Denali wheels and Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza's
(275/55R20) and my spare was totally worn and had a plug, I just installed a brand new one.

Tire Size: 265/70R17

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos

Comparison shows that the diameter is as close as possible to the Bridgestones, only 0.3" inches smaller.

As already pointed out, one will in most cases only install a spare in an emergency in order to get home or to the next tire center. Therefore, the tire diameter will not have to be exactly the same in order for it to be used for a very short time/distance.

And as CHIP said, "Let's hope we never need it!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320