spark plug question help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curley02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HI! ALL I have an 02 tahoe 5.3 V8 engine. It runs fine but I've been thinking about the spark plugs. I used to change plugs in chevy engines ever 10,000 miles but I've been told by chevy mechanics that the plugs are supposed to last 100,000 miles. I find that very hard to believe. I've also heard about the plugs breaking off when you try to change them after so many years. I only have 42,000 easy miles on the 02 tahoe. I'm long retired and don't use the tahoe every day no commuting, no job, and limited funds. #2 question. I want to put monroe coil over load levelers on the tahoe. They are sold on line, but the local car repair center says that the coil overs will not fit on an 02 tahoe. anyone out there can help me I would appreciate any ideas. thank you for your replies. curley 02

ilmk123

Reaction score
Curley 02. Your mechanic friends are right. You prob don't need to change them till 100k. Your plugs are prob double platinum and should go that far. I have heard of them sticking in the head but never had that problem. I make Champion Spark Plugs for a living and work in the FISS area where most of the double platinum and Iridium plugs are made...... Scott

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had too many stick in the head on me i always put anti-seize on them. When i bought my truck i pulled the plugs and put anti-seize on them. It's a HUGE pain if you happen to pull threads out or break the spark plug off in the head i'm not chancing it. But they are right 100k is usually about right for spark plugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065