Speedo issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon. This just happened a little bit ago. Turned my truck on and when the all the gauges did the usual peaked out and well my speedo went a little further and then stopped at about the 5 o'clock position and stayed there.
Does anyone know what may be the cause of this and if its something as easy as a fuse or if its worse. Any insight would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Andy.

photo-1_zps58e6f076.jpg

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say its a bad stepper motor. If so, it's easy and cheap. Tons on eBay for sale and they just solder in.

OP
OP
Garmoe

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. i was looking into those already. complete kits are only like 50 bucks and come with everything..

OP
OP
Garmoe

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the right up! i was able to get it back to zero and it is working properly now, but i know it wont be long till it happens again so i am still going to be replacing it soon.

Blacked-out-Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep happened to mine. It said I was always doing 40. I replaced mine and has worked fine ever since. Cost me about 12 bucks

John 2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Scotty, i have tried a couple of times to fix my speedo and maybe I am doing something wrong. The speedo will start out at 10mph and go all the way to 6pm aand stay there??? What do you think or can you fix

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Scotty, i have tried a couple of times to fix my speedo and maybe I am doing something wrong. The speedo will start out at 10mph and go all the way to 6pm aand stay there??? What do you think or can you fix

You say you tried to fix it. Explain exactly what you did, and what you replaced. :hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut