Speedo tach and gear indicator not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travo87

Reaction score
I have a 95 gmc yukon slt all the sudden my speedo and tach and gear indicator stopped working also I have pulled codes 66 67 81 82 shift solenoid a and b short circuit open circuit trucks transmission isn't working properly put it in drive and it doesn't want to go put it in first and it stays in 2 shifts fine just can't figure out what it is

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 95 gmc yukon slt all the sudden my speedo and tach and gear indicator stopped working also I have pulled codes 66 67 81 82 shift solenoid a and b short circuit open circuit trucks transmission isn't working properly put it in drive and it doesn't want to go put it in first and it stays in 2 shifts fine just can't figure out what it is
first thing to do is check your grounds, start at the battery, your symptoms are a classic example of a poor ground, usually at the battery
if you have a meter start check ohms on the grounds, should read 0.0 or no more than 0.2, anymore than that and it should be looked at harder.
the transmission "could" very well be related as well, if not then it might be time for a service and replace the solenoids. If you are lucky that will only run you around $250
but get the ground issue sorted first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith