Speedometer pegged after battery disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayukie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Disconnected my battery overnight in hopes of resetting an error on my CD player that has stopped working.
After hooking up the battery my speedometer is pegged and my keyless remote has stopped working. It did lock and unlock about 3 times but now it does nothing. Can someone point me in a direction? DId I fry something?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may have to relearn your remotes. I had the speedo thing happen after disconnecting my battery. It will fix itself after you hit 20-30mph. Not sure about the remotes as I have an aftermarket alarm on mine.

OP
OP
Dayukie

Dayukie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you may have to relearn your remotes. I had the speedo thing happen after disconnecting my battery. It will fix itself after you hit 20-30mph. Not sure about the remotes as I have an aftermarket alarm on mine.

That is exactly what happened. I got up to about 30 mph and it popped back and started working normally. WEIRD!

dbest

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try turning the ignition on and taking a magnet and try to drag the needle back to normal. It may sound crazy but mine did the same thing and thats how I was told to fix it and it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts