Spilled gasoline on the seats...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Took mom's Escalade to run some errands for her, and got some gas for the golf cart and during the ride to home depot, the cap came loose AND the tank I had leaned forward during a curve and splashed the passenger 2nd row captain with gasoline.

I bought some recommended leather care stuff at Auto Zone, got home, sponged the seats lightly with a little water, let dry, and then applied the leather cleaner with an applicator pad, then used some Febreeze. I also had all doors open, windows down with the A/C blasting at max speed if that helped.

The smell is still there somewhat, any other ideas or should I just keep doing this?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dide the stain go away?

the smell well that sucks park it with the windows down, and spray it with fabreeze it will once the gas evaporates it shouldnt smell anymore

damn but that sucks!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the doors/windows open. Gasoline has toxic vapors which can make you dizzy, nauseous, and hallucinate. It can damage your nervous system and other organs if there is prolonged exposure

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I put another application of the leather care stuff back on and the smell is almost gone. The stain is also gone completely.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No I just posted this for kicks. Lol. But yes it really did happen unfortunately. :(

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh that sucks man...hope you get it hooked up

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mom's Escalade to run some errands for her, and got some gas for the golf cart and during the ride to home depot, the cap came loose AND the tank I had leaned forward during a curve and splashed the passenger 2nd row captain with gasoline.

I bought some recommended leather care stuff at Auto Zone, got home, sponged the seats lightly with a little water, let dry, and then applied the leather cleaner with an applicator pad, then used some Febreeze. I also had all doors open, windows down with the A/C blasting at max speed if that helped.

The smell is still there somewhat, any other ideas or should I just keep doing this?

I would get it professionally cleaned. The smell will not go away once the gas evaporates. It is after all petroleum and will leave a residue behind. Everything you are doing is just masking the odor. Febreeze is a useless product...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313