Spohn arms suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I really thought that I was just having bad luck with mine. They're noisy, clunk a lot, and the rear end has never felt "tight". After finding a group of folks discussing them (on facebook), I ordered some APOC Industries arms (Link here). I've only put around 100 miles on them, but WOW what a night and day difference. The rear end finally feels planted, and all the clunking is gone.

They even include a sheet with measurements for the upper and lower arms, depending on your ride height!

Anyway, all this to say: Spohn's "Del-Sphere" arms suck. Avoid.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I really thought that I was just having bad luck with mine. They're noisy, clunk a lot, and the rear end has never felt "tight". After finding a group of folks discussing them (on facebook), I ordered some APOC Industries arms (Link here). I've only put around 100 miles on them, but WOW what a night and day difference. The rear end finally feels planted, and all the clunking is gone.

They even include a sheet with measurements for the upper and lower arms, depending on your ride height!

Anyway, all this to say: Spohn's "Del-Sphere" arms suck. Avoid.
Yea I agree that’s why I got their basic arms but I’ve definitely been eyeballing the apoc arms for when I rebuild the Tahoe
Post some pics please!!!

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Yea I agree that’s why I got their basic arms but I’ve definitely been eyeballing the apoc arms for when I rebuild the Tahoe
Post some pics please!!!

Yessir! I did the track bar, too.
I’m very curious if that curved track bar will clear a bigger aftermarket differential cover I’d love to put a mag hytec on my rig but that’s the main reason I never did
I'll snap some pics tomorrow in the sunlight. Any particular place you want a measurement from?

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Yessir! I did the track bar, too.

I'll snap some pics tomorrow in the sunlight. Any particular place you want a measurement from?
Mainly the center of the differential cover I reckon? I believe @Doubeleive is the one on here with a mag hytec
I appreciate you getting pics and better yet measurements for us man that’s awesome

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had good luck with the spohn rear arms that were just poly bushings; But they don't offer upper control arms with just poly bushings or anything that has provisions for the rear auto ride. So I was only running the Spohn lower boxed arms and adjustable panhard.

APOC's arms look very nice and everything poly, which IMO is probably better suited for daily driver duty. I've had a conversation with them on their rear upper arms and adding provisions to accommodate the attachment of the rear auto ride sensor links which they can do.

Does your '12 LTZ have the rear auto ride?
Did you get the rear APOC arms with the added rear auto ride sensor link provisions?
If so would like pics of how they accommodate the rear auto ride sensor attachment on their upper arms.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mainly the center of the differential cover I reckon? I believe @Doubeleive is the one on here with a mag hytec
I appreciate you getting pics and better yet measurements for us man that’s awesome
I have the TA performance girdle on mine which is not a big as a mag hytec even with the qa1 bar which has more curve to it than it looks like the apoc has I don't think a mag will fit.
not sure how much clearance it needs

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Pictures as promised. This is with the axle resting at ride height.
IMG_0148.jpeg
Here’s the clearance to the diff cover. View looking up, top of picture is forward. Its between .200 and .250" clearanceIMG_0149.jpeg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@KidWgn I haven't heard about this, what is the problem with the del sphere joints? I've had their panhard bar with those joints on for a few years and I have no complaints. But I remember that if you don't tighten the joints enough they will give you a bad time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road