Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First the M/F's got into my generator case and ate the insulation and wiring. Solved that problem with sealing the case everywhere but air intake and exhaust, fine screens there. Lined the floor with glue traps. picked up all the insects and 2 mice.

This past winter, they decided the outside generator was no longer safe so they ate through the rubber seal on the center garage door (stand alone building) and starting attacking the cars and trucks. Nothing as bad as CCS, but what I was shocked at was I left the Tahoe on the lift all winter - 6' in the air and yet there was evidence they were in the HVAC ductwork and glovebox, WTF?

Traps, poison and glue traps everywhere now. We have no kids or pets, so don't need to worry about ancillary harm.
I used to have to take the motor cover off my garden tractor every Spring and remove the mice nests, as they completely clogged the cooling fins of the motor with their nesting materials. I finally got a shed that I can seal up tight to prevent the critters from entering it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Are you in Oregon? Rats & mice got it not my buddy’s GMT800 Tahoe in Salem. They pretty much totaled it. He sold it to a Mom & Pop dealer after using an ozone generator for a few days inside.

By buddy’s in Alaska swear by piss’g on the side of the house to keep the bears, raccoon and rats out. I’m sure dog or similar would work. Those suckers have to chew something because their teeth grow 24/7.

Try putting some whole walnuts or similar in something they can’t chew through so they wear their teeth down.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We live in rural S. MS. Rats will eat a truck in no time if they get to it.
Keeping the hood open helps keep them out, but truck must be under a shed.
I keep poison out and use a 5 gallon bucket with a 2" (or so) bung for the poison pellets....dogs can't get to it.
I have tractors and trucks...keep the hoods open on all and the poison out and have had good luck with this system. You gotta keep the poison pellets updated occasionally. I keep the bag in an outside fridge to keep it fresh and dump some fresh into the buckets every now and then..............good luck

StinkyLinky8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this problem as well, not nearly as bad tho. I don’t even live in the woods I live in a pretty tightly packed small town but the squirrels here have gotten out of control in the past few years. I finally got fed up with what I thought was one squirrel triggering my garage camera and pissing on my motorcycle covers almost daily. Went to tractor supply and picked up a break barrel pellet rifle and dispatched the squirrel on his way out of his luxury garage bathroom. Turns out it was 5 different squirrels using my bikes as a urinal. I declared war and set up a bird feeder and bought a nice .22 *** air rifle. So far I’m up to 157 tree rats eradicated from my side of town. As an added bonus, there’s a huge variety af native birds moving back into the neighborhood and able to nest in the trees again without squirrels eating their eggs.

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
After I wrote my post above, I found that they also got into the Garage A/C compressor / condenser unit as well and ate enough insulation off the wires, that when I turned the AC on recently, it shorted the power to ground and fried the main relay. F***Ing bastards. I was lucky and with a friends expertise and help, we were able to get the parts and replace the wiring. It is running again. I'm now going full blown biblical on these bastards. I've already killed a few and hope to wipe them all out in the coming months.20240610_175611.jpg

20240618_155724.jpg

20240618_155737.jpg

Attachments

• 448048395_465662156115413_1412362351821248803_n.jpg
    448048395_465662156115413_1412362351821248803_n.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Islandboy

Latest posts